E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



Oh no, Hans Brix?!

I do not have any weapons of mass destwuction okay, Hans?
- Kim Jong Il, Team America: World Police puppet

Thats the quote of the day, from an incredibly funny movie that is Team America.
For those not in the know, Kim Jong Il was voiced by Trey Parker, who intended him to be an authentic Asian by switchin 'L's with 'R's and all 'R's with 'W's.
No doubt it has caused a ruckus by basically insulting terrorists, Kim Jong Il, Michael Moore ( might I add, who was stuffed with ham before he was blown up, hence the incredibly meaty explosion in the movie ), F.A.G.s and Matt Damon... need I say more?

Anyways, its been a good weekend.
Got up to the Whakapapa Ski Fields.
Snowboarded. Alot. Pinnacles. Rock Garden. Centennial.
What can be learned from the weekend?
Rocks + Snowboard + High speeds = Bail X Pain

Overall, got back to uni today, a bit sore, but I survived. Barely.
So tired.
Lab tomorrow. F*ck.

Heraclitus. Presocratic philosopher.
"Everything is in a state of flux."
"War and strife between opposites is the eternal condition of the universe."
His conception of metaphysics was not very detailed, and vague, but at the time, was probably quite a hype. Indeed, it is a very basic conception, not clearly the whole thing though.
His writing was quite similar to that of Lao Tzu ( which means Old Master or something like that ), you know, Ying Yang, good vs. evil, dark vs. light, that kinda thing.
There can't be one without the other.
Perpetual chaos.
Does it happen inside of you as well?
Sometimes, when you know you should be feeling happy, but feel... stupidly sad?
I can't explain it.

Imagine, for every happy person that you see today, there's someone who is equally as sad.
For every person thats rich, there's another thats equally as poor.
For every terrorist, theres a soldier.
For every sausage, there is a hot dog bun.
And it goes on.
Does it work that way I wonder?
Otherwise, don't you think by now that we would already have achieved a total state of peace and harmony in the world?
But I stray. I'll be quiet.

Well, I'm off for now.

Song of the day : Ronery - Kim Jong Il
Post rating : 6.5/10 - Philosophical references, movie references, not enough jokes, mismatched theme (Team America + inaccurate Presocratic philosophy)
Quote of the day :
Gary: 9/11 times a 100?! My god thats... thats...
Spottswoode: Yes... ninety one thousand and a hundred...
*Later on*
Gary: 9/11 times a 1000? My god thats...thats...
Chris: Thats right... Nine hundred and eleven thousand...
*Even later on*
Chris: 9/11 times 2356? My god thats... thats... I don't even know what that is!
Kim Jong Il: Nobody does!
Me: ...2,146,316?


0 Responses to “”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


About me

  • I'm JSoh
  • From Auckland, New Zealand
  • Quotes from actual people about me: "He's so... so bitter...", "...like Rambo with a granny handbag", "Spongebob Squarepants,he's yellow, he's wacky, and he doesn't have a brain"
  • My profile

Previous posts

Archives

Links

Flooble-d


ATOM 0.3