E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



I've...

...been really reluctant to blog this, but I guess I kinda have to in a way. It helps.
All of the baby rabbits are dead.
1 of them went first, but before we realised anything, 2 more went.
They hadn't even opened their eyes yet. They were just there, cold and dead.
I managed to save one more and it was fine throughout the night, but the next morning it just... died.

There it is, getting comfy in the little box of hay and cloth we put together.
I did all I could, got a lil feeding bottle for it, fed it with really high caloric milk ( baby animal stuff ), kept it warm with a hot water bottle under the dry hay.
It was just so sad when I first got it out of the shelter, holding it near the heater, trying to get it warm in between my hands.
The way it just snuggled into my hands, jarred movement from cold limbs, to keep warm was just... I don't know how to even describe it. It was barely even breathing.
Just the feeling of... well, you know its so close to dying, but you just hang on to it, and try to keep it alive, or at least it dies knowing someone cared for it.
At that moment, I just really wanted it to do something.
I wanted it to squeak ( if rabbits squeaked, I'm not really sure what sound they make...), I wanted it to move, claw, bite, attempt to chew my finger off, plot world domination, anything.
I would've given anything to make it feel better. To make it normal and healthy.
You can't believe how cold it was, being all alone out there.
So small, so icy. So sad.
The harder part was that we were probably the cause of the parental abandonment.
I knew I should've looked up on baby rabbit care before, but it never occured to me, and I know it may not be much of an excuse, but Uni work keeps me really busy.
But, as I've learnt, we're not supposed to touch or handle baby rabbits much, since rabbits are very sensitive to other animals' scents i.e. us.
I guess the mother didn't like the human scent, and probably 'disowned' its offspring.
We meant well, and... well, all we did mostly was shift them from under some sparse bush to a little rabbit hutch/house that we built to protect them from the rain and the cold wind. Thought maybe they'd be better off in some proper decent shelter.
Unfortunately, I don't think the mother liked it too much.
And I apologise if I've been a bit distant to people.
I guess thats the sad thing about it. Life sucks. If you're a rabbit.
We didn't even get to name them yet.

World Cup...


... is upon us again. Sadness and stress from exams aside, I've watched most of the games so far. But its getting a bit crazy staying up from 1am and staying awake most of the nite thru to the next morning.
I actually really only woke up one morning, after the dawning realisation that I had just dipped a banana into my coco pops ( I think I was trying to use it as a spoon. The splashing milk woke me up. The milk was cold. )
Anyways, teams this year, as per every year I guess, are kinda unpredictable.
The African countries, especially the Ivory Coast, may very well go far into the tournament.
The Czech Republic may also be an unexpected riser, think they might make the semi-finals.
But eventually, it'll probably just come down to Brazil and Germany.
France is full of old people. Argentina don't seem to be able to gel together.
England is, unfortunately, weak this year. Portugal can't seem to score the goals. Italy has a decent defence, but attacking wise, they're not so good. As usual.
I've yet to see Spain play, so hopefully they surprise.
But in any case, yeah, Brazil vs. Germany in the end methinks, but its still kinda early in the World Cup, so its all just speculation.

Losing your voice...


... is really irritating. Last Saturday afternoon, I somehow contracted some kind of throat infection, which led to the untimely loss of my voice.
All I could do was talk in a really really low tone, anything higher would get you something between a hoarse whisper and possibly a wheeze.
Please, no puns about being 'The Hoarse Whisperer'.
Its weird, not being able to talk much.
I'd hate to think if I were somehow mute or deaf.
Anyways, still coughing now, but I've regained most of my voice.
Ah, can't hit those high notes anymore, so no more of high pitched yelling ala The Darkness.

The Beach...


... by Alex Garland, is a damn good book. I like the style of writing, possibly because it resembles mine, and to a certain extent, also resembles Chuck Palahniuks.
Its very similar to Lord of the Flies, and I won't detail much else yet because I'm really wasted and its 1.30am here.

And...

... I'll leave everyone with this little scene from the 25th hour.

This has possibly got to be one of the best scenes ever made.
After having watched it, all I can say is... its a damn good movie.
If you haven't already done it, go and watch it.
Edward Norton is the shit.


0 Responses to “”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


About me

  • I'm JSoh
  • From Auckland, New Zealand
  • Quotes from actual people about me: "He's so... so bitter...", "...like Rambo with a granny handbag", "Spongebob Squarepants,he's yellow, he's wacky, and he doesn't have a brain"
  • My profile

Previous posts

Archives

Links

Flooble-d


ATOM 0.3