E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



Bigger, Longer and Uncut...

... describes how this post will be...

Malaysia was, in a few words, fun, sad, and unforgettable
And how couldn't it be? I hadn't been back for nearly 4 years
Missed all my friends, thru all that time
And of course, I missed alot of what has happened as well...

Anyway, back to the details on what I've done whilst in Malaysia:

Stayed over at Harolds. I remember all those times when we used to stay over at peoples place, always stayin up all night talking a whole lot of shit. Oh and also talking bout girls. I'm sure Harold remembers the 'Jess-o-mania' that was happening around that time? =) Hehe, good times... But it was good stayin at y
our place man, really appreciate it.

Stayed over at Joshuas. I think I've mentioned this in the last post, but oh well, I'll just mention it again anyway. Stayin at Joshuas was good too, hadn't actually stayed at his place before. Full of talking about chicks and other private stuff ( which I shall not detail here of course ). Read thru all his yearly diaries too. Dude, your 2000- 2003 diaries are like some sort of super-emo rollcercoaster ride. And I hope to God you ain't still like that... lol

Christmas Eve. Was spent at Friendster Cafe, near the Curve, at 1Utama ( which, I might add, is really really massive and includes the indoor rock climbing place ). Heaps of people were there, Hui Yin, Mei Yan, Shing
, Ying Roe, Jessamine and her cousin, Hock Keat, Ivan, to name some. Ended up playing with the toned down version of spin the bottle i.e. if the bottle pointed at you, you had to do a dare. I ended up having to do 10 jumping jacks in the middle of the busy restaurant ( Friendster Cafe is not exactly a cafe as such, its more... classy and expensive, so you know, its kinda like a posh cafe... which was quite busy at the time... Oh yeah, shops in Malaysia don't close for Christmas Eve, Christmas, or New Years Eve, New Years, and the day after New Years... and they don't close til 10pm, restaurants/cafes open for very much longer, if they close at all... ). Humiliating as it was, I had fun. Even had my name ( in chinese ) made from glowsticks and some party poppers ( what the heck are those things called anyway? )

Christmas. Was spent with Joshu
as extended family at first. Later on that night, went to Mei Yans place. Had a good time there, sang some carols ( which was half heartedly sung by most of the guys there ), did that lil childrens game which involved clapping hands and signs and... meh, its too hard to describe, but basically the loser had to do stupid dares. Then, came the present exchange. I got some hair sculting product of some sorts ( heck I hardly know anything about haird products ). But I then managed to change it to a mug with cartoony soccer players on it... Shit, now I know what I forgot to pack! Josh, I think that mug is still at your house! And I'm not joking!

YC Camp. It was a good camp, met new friends there, like Jack, Sook Lin, along with meeting some old friends like Alvin, from LaSalle Primary, hadn't seen him in a looong time ( ever since I left primary, actually ). Didn't manage to ask the guest speakers ( Matt Garner from Oz, and some other Aussie guy whose name I can't remember cuz he didn't do much ) questions and stuff, since they were stayed up most of the time in their bungalow atop a hill. I have alot of questions. Then, I had a fever on the last day of camp. It was actually quite bad, didn't feel the best for most of the day ( even though I got up, while we were waiting in the hall before moving out of Peacehaven, to play takraw ), didn't want people to worry about me. Everyone else looked kinda tired anyway. Took about 7 or 8 panadols that day ( 3 in the morn, 2 or 3 in the afternoon, and either 2 or 3 more at night... I didn't count lol ). Didn't sleep that well that night ( Really high fever, you know how sometimes you get all restless/delusional ), but pretty much recovered the next day or so.

New Years day. Met Angel at her church that day. Shes really nice and friendly, and, for lack of better words, soft and demure. You know, like the kind of girl that you'd bring to your parents. Haha, Josh, you a lucky man. Spent the evening at Josh's uncles place writing into Josh's emo filled diary. I had to un-emo-fy it. Of course, I failed miserably.

Spent the last few days of my holidays with my Grandma in Kajang. Even though I didn't do much, I spent most of the time resting. Needed it badly.

Movies I've watched in Malaysia :

King Kong : Kong is the man/ape. I mean, you try and take on a couple of them Venatosaurus Rexs ( Yeah, they're not Tyrannosaurus, as many people have thought... I feel like such a nerd *snort* ). A couple of cans of whup-ass later ( Dammit man, Kong actually ripped one of their faces apart, I mean, c'mon, try thinking of your jaw just breaking like that ), Kongs just like " See now bee-yatch?! You see what I can do!? And now you gonna friggin deny me my right to make you stay?!! You ungrateful -" *Kong turns away from Naomi Watts*...

The Chronicles of Narnia : Half the time thruout the movie, I was expecting the older Pevensie girl to just say "Come on Harry!" in a vaguely Hermione-esque way. It was very Lord of the Rings and Harry Potter-ish, but it was basically very true to the book. It was quite a good movie. Except for the fact that the White Witch had bloody Polar bears as horses in the big battle scene. Polar bears?!!? Wtf?!? Where'd she pull that shit out of from?! And, if you have the DVD ( pirated, or not :p ) then in one of the scenes just after Aslan ( Qui-Gon Jinn in disguise of course, the Jedi are everywhere!!! Heck, Aslan even looked like Qui-Gon ) announces that that little rut Edmund has been cleared of his treachery bla bla bla, you can see a gorilla in the background along with the rest of the cast, celebrating. Thats right. A gorilla. Among all those cool animals ( they had Centaurs, cheetahs, tigers etc. ), they had a gorilla?!!

Perhaps Love : A chinese Moulin Rouge. Quite good I'd say, but it would've been better if I didn't have to resort to reading the subtitles since the movie was entirely in Cantonese. Only one main character could really sing well, and that was... I can't even remember his name. Andy Lau? I don't kno... And Takeshi Kaneshiro... well... I know someone out there likes him :p but, sad to say, he can't really sing ( sorry Mei Yan ). Basically revolves around these 2 guys who like this girl, 1 guy has had a past relationship with her when she wasn't a big movie star, and when she later became real famous and accomplished, left him to pursue her career, but still loves him, but then ... its a whole great big mess, I can't really explain it too well without incurring the wrath of some who adore this movie, so I'm just gonna... Yeah, leave it... there...

And the flight back...


...wasnt too bad I guess... Could've been a whole lot worse...
But basically the whole time I was alone, after my grandma and uncle saw me off, I was very... I don't know, detached? Alone? Its sort of like the feeling you get when you're alone in such a big crowded place, and all you wanna do is explore and look around...
And I had about and hour and a half to do whatever I wanted so...
I boarded the aerotrain to the departure terminal ( I was really early, so it was pretty empty, save for a man in a suit and a couple and their baby ), and just basically explored the whole place. Got some stuff from duty free ( chocolates and some Benedictine ).
All the while, listening to my MP3 player. Soft music, as I call it, like Easy Tonight by Five For Fighting, Two Beds and a Coffee Machine by Savage Garden, Angel by Sarah Maclachlan. It was kinda emo I guess. Didn't really wanna leave and all. You wouldn't really know the feeling even if I did describe it. And already, I started missing her. Ever since she went away, didn't even get to talk to her much when I was there with her. Hopefully she'll still be around when I come back... Whenever I come back next...

Now, its at this point that I would normally go on a tangent about... well, how I miss people and stuff, but I think I've already said it one too many times, and I'm not one for emo, so I'm just gonna leave it.

And back in New Zealand...

Well, the house, for one thing, has changed a little. Mom rearranged the furniture, we got a new chair swing, and a bean bag. A PINK bean bag. PINK. What were my parents thinking when they bought it?!!?! And its not like light pink, its really, quite bright PINK! But oh well, not that I'm gonna be using it much anyway. It feels good to be back in NZ, back home.
But where is home for me?
My mom asked me, if I could stay in NZ or Malaysia, which country would I choose to stay in?
And I couldn't answer that question. I was just stuck. Of course, I normally came up with some smart remark to bum her out, like I normally do, but this time, I didn't really have an answer.
And I still don't. Oh well...
*drops random quote*
"Only time will tell"

Thats all for now I guess.
*sigh*


0 Responses to “”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


About me

  • I'm JSoh
  • From Auckland, New Zealand
  • Quotes from actual people about me: "He's so... so bitter...", "...like Rambo with a granny handbag", "Spongebob Squarepants,he's yellow, he's wacky, and he doesn't have a brain"
  • My profile

Previous posts

Archives

Links

Flooble-d


ATOM 0.3